Sat, Oct 12|
A Girl & A Gun BEYOND THE BASICS
One-day event. Women’s Self Defense, Personal Safety, and Firearms Training. Designed specifically for A Girl and A Gun
Time & Location
Oct 12, 2019, 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Alloy Arms, 1941 Chisum Trail Rd, Whitesboro, TX 76273, USA
About the Event
3D Tactical 1 Day Defensive course tailored for A Girl and A Gun
Lunch & Drinks (non-alcohol) will be served
This outstanding course is for those who want to get a jumpstart on their personal safety and gun training utilizing a handgun, hand-to-hand and basic rifle.
Upon completion of this course you will have a fundamental understanding of the defensive use of the handgun. Among the many skill you acquire is be the ability to safely and easily present your firearm from a training holster and concealment (two very different presentations), fire sighted shots, non-sighted-gun muscle eye-hand coordination shots on target! AND even more important, how to retain your weapon in a struggle.
Range Time Drills Include: Loading and Unloading; Grip, Stance, Sight Picture, Sight Alignment, eye-hand coordination, and Trigger Control; Presentation from the Ready, the holster, and Concealment;Target Engagement from close quarters standing, going to ground and on ground, Arms Length to 15yards under pressure, basic shooting on the move, induced stress scenarios, malfunctions, Live Fire and Laser Simulators, weapon retention, hand-to-hand basics, ground fighting, basic rifle and MUCH more...
Note: This course has been designed specifically for A Girl and A Gun as requested as an 8hr course and will deliver a solid foundation in basic handgun handling and self defense skills. This Course contains only a modest amount of tactical exercises.
*Each participant will receive a Certificate of Completion at the end of the training day.
1. Your handgun and/or Rifle (Semi-automatic Pistol preferred) must be fully functional, have all factory-installed safety devices intact, and have no dangerous modifications (such as a "hair" trigger, or a removed trigger guard, etc.)
2. You will need a to be able to conceal your firearm with a garment which includes the need for a concealment holster.
3. Sturdy Belt
4. A minimum of two magazines - single or one double magazine pouch
5. Electronic hearing protection
7. Eye Protection
8. Loose pants
9. Hiking Boots or Athletic Shoes - NO SANDALS or OPEN TOED SHOES
10. T-Shirt (Long Sleeve preferred) or Polo - NO LOW- CUT HALTER TOPS, HALF CUT TOPS, OR SPAGHETTI STRING SHIRT ALLOWED.. bullet casings get hot and can burn you.
11. Rain Gear (WE TRAIN RAIN OR SHINE)
12. Sun Screen (Recommended)
13. Bug Spray i.e. Mosquito Repellent (Recommended)
14. NO alcohol prior to, or during training
15. Do NOT take any medication or drugs before or during training that have mind altering effects or causes drowsiness
16. If you need to take them, please schedule your training for a later date.
17. For the safety of you & your unborn child: if you are pregnant, or think you are pregnant, you WILL NOT be allowed to participate.
18. Ammunition Requirements and Quantity:
19. Bring the following quantities of new, factory ammunition
20. Pistol: 300 rounds (minimum)
21. Rifle: 300 rounds (minimum)
22. Read & Sign Liability Waiver - Mandatory
23. Please Note: This will be a physically challenging class. Everyone will find a place in this training within their limits, but it will be important that you know your limits, and do not exert yourself beyond your own capabilities. Please make sure you are prepared and able to engage in intense physical activity and exercise.
$199.00 per person
A Girl & A Gun
1 Day Defensive course tailored for A Girl and A Gun