Time is TBD|
Fort Valley Gun Club
GA | 2 DAY DEFENSIVE PISTOL/CARBINE COURSE
Time & Location
Time is TBD
Fort Valley Gun Club, Fort Valley, Georgia 31030
About the Event
This course is designed to build the shooters Defensive Shooting & Combative Handgun / Carbine (AR platform) Skills.
The course has a strong emphasis on tactics used in real life circumstances, (including mindset) that will improve the shooters skills to survive high stressed situations, with close and medium range engagement.
Students will improve their mental, carbine, & handgun skills. Note: This is not a basic course suitable for someone with no pistol or rifle experience.
This course qualifies for CEC
Topics covered in this course will include:
• Rapid presentation from concealed carry
• Effective gun handling techniques, designed to work under stress
• Stress induced duress through depletion of endurance
• High speed accuracy at close ranges
• Precision shooting at mid-ranges
• Shooting effectively with one hand, with either hand under duress and with impaired vision
• Fixing malfunctions rapidly and reliably
• Proper defensive mindset, personal tactics, and more.
Expect to fire about 600 rounds (300 handgun/300 rifle) of ammunition. This course is designed expressly for the armed citizen who carries a concealed handgun, the plain clothes or off duty police officer and the uniformed officer or military operator who carryout high risk tasks.
Cost: $550.00 includes range fees
1. Your handgun and Rifle (Semi-automatic Pistol preferred) must be fully functional, have all factory-installed safety devices intact, and have no dangerous modifications (such as a "hair" trigger, or a removed trigger guard, etc.)
2. You will need a to be able to conceal your firearm with a garment which includes the need for a concealment holster.
3. Sturdy Belt
4. A minimum of two magazines - single or one double magazine pouch
5. Electronic hearing protection
7. Eye Protection
8. Loose pants
9. Hiking Boots or Athletic Shoes - NO SANDALS or OPEN TOED SHOES
10. T-Shirt (Long Sleeve preferred) or Polo - NO LOW-CUT HALTER TOPS, HALF CUT TOPS, OR SPAGHETTI STRING SHIRT ALLOWED
11. Rain Gear (WE TRAIN RAIN OR SHINE)
12. Sun Screen (Recommended)
13. Bug Spray i.e. Mosquito Repellent (Recommended)
14. NO alcohol prior to, or during training
15. Do NOT take any medication or drugs before or during training that have mind altering effects or causes drowsiness If you need to take them, please schedule your training for a later date.
16. For the safety you & your unborn child: if you are pregnant, or think you are pregnant, you WILL NOT be allowed to participate.
17. Ammunition Requirements and Quantity:
18. Bring the following quantities of new, factory ammunition
19. Pistol: 300 rounds (minimum)
20. Rifle: 300 rounds (minimum)
Please Note: This will be a physically challenging class. Everyone will find a place in this training within their limits, but it will be important that you know your limits, and do not exert yourself beyond your own capabilities. Please make sure you are prepared and able to engage in intense physical activity and exercise.
Start time is 9am Saturday & Sunday.
CANCELLATION POLICY: Due to a limited number of spots available, refunds are unavailable. Credits for a future class will be given if a 48 hour notice is given.